Punjab commemorates 170th martyrdom day of General Sham Singh Attari

Punjab commemorates 170th martyrdom day of General Sham Singh Attari

AMRITSAR : Reiterating the firm commitment of the state government to preserve the rich-cultural heritage of the state, the Punjab Welfare Minister Mr. Gulzar Singh Ranike today said that the state government has pumped in nearly Rs 1000 crore for constructing the memorials to immortalize the memory of the great and unparalleled role played by […]

Gurdwara Building of Mayfield (Brampton) Destroyed by Fire

Gurdwara Building of Mayfield (Brampton) Destroyed by Fire

BRAMPTON, Ontario : A fire earlier today at the Mayfield Gurdwara near Brampton, Ontario, caused a lot of damage. While there are severe structural damages to the building, there are no known injuries. Sikh24 has learnt from local sources that the saroop of Guru Granth Sahib is safe. While the building is currently locked up, fire […]

Sikh Indian-American actor prohibited from Mexico-US flight over turban

Sikh Indian-American actor prohibited from Mexico-US flight over turban

Karachi : A Sikh Indian- American designer and actor has claimed that he was prohibited from boarding an Aeromexico flight from Mexico City to New York because he refused to remove his turban.”This morning in Mexico City I was told I could not board my @aeromexico flight to NYC because of my turban,” Waris Ahluwalia […]

SGPC urged to stop proposed project

SGPC urged to stop proposed project

Amritsar : While the Municipal Corporation is preparing to set up a solid waste management plant and the Mayor had officially announced that civil work on it would begin on April 13, an environmentalist has shot off a letter to the Chief Secretary of the SGPC to intervene and scuttle the project proposed at Bhagtanwala. The […]