Home » News » PUNJAB NEWS (page 470)


Punjab to become first ‘Open defection free’ state of India


CHANDIGARH: The Punjab is fast marching towards acquiring the unique status of the first ‘ODF’ (Open Defection Free) state in the country with the 75 per cent of the rural population having access to the Public Toilets. Toilets to the remaining 25 per cent of rural folks would be constructed on mission mode in stipulated time frame by 2017 by ...

Read More »

Punjab Youth Congress elections to be held by June end

Punjab Youth

CHANDIGARH: Raj Kumar Kataria, Election Commisioner, Indian youth Congress today announced its performers list carrying 13 names of perspective candidates. He said that the elections for the Punjab youth congress will be held by the end of June.The membership drive of youth congress crossed 312000 in Punjab and after rejections there are 280000 left in the final list. The last ...

Read More »

Bajwa visits martyr’s family, Punjab govt yet to announce compensation


PATHANKOT: Partap Singh Bajwa, President, PPCC today visited the family of Late Sepoy Manjit Singh at his village Akhwana in District Pathankot. Manjit Singh, working with Dogra regiment, was killed in an ambush in Manipur. Manjit Singh was cremated with full military honours on Sunday. Large number of people from across party lines had attended the cremation of Manjit Singh. ...

Read More »

Punjabi singer Dharampreet commits suicide!


Chandigarch : Punjabi singer Dharampreet has allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan on Sunday, June 7, says The Indian Express. The popular singer was reportedly suffering from depression due to a downfall in his career. Ironically, the Bhatinda-based Dharampreet was known for his sad songs. Reports say the 38-year-old singer committed suicide at home when his ...

Read More »

NSS Cell of GADVASU conducts plantation drive


LUDHIANA: NSS Cell of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University commemorated World Environment Day-2015 with motto “My Earth My Duty” by conducting interactive talk on “One World, One Environment” and “Sustainable Consumption and Production”. Dr Syed Shabih Hassan, NSS Programme Coordinator, GADVASU, Ludhiana highlighted the importance of sapling plantation, zero polythene/plastic wastage campaign, sustainable development, environmental issues and ...

Read More »