Home » News » SPORTS NEWS » Nadal pulls out of Brisbane, but says yes to Australian Open
y_2017_112616202

Nadal pulls out of Brisbane, but says yes to Australian Open

Brisbane, December 28 : World No.1 Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the Brisbane International with a knee injury, but said he still intends to play in next month’s Australian Open. The Spaniard, who hasn’t played since losing to David Goffin at the World Tour Finals in London, was scheduled to start his season in Brisbane this weekend, but said he would now not be coming.
“I am sorry to announce I won’t be coming to Brisbane this year,” Nadal said on Twitter on Friday.
“My intention was to play but I am still not ready after last year’s long season and the late start of my preparation.” But Nadal said he still planned to play in the year’s opening Grand Slam tournament, starting in Melbourne on January 15.
“I will be seeing my Aussie fans when I land on the 4th (of January) in Melbourne and start there my preparation for the Australian Open,” he added.

About Jatin Kamboj